Summer 2023 renovations will temporarily reduce parking capacity
On March 20, 2023, the South Terminal Parking Garage partially closed for the duration of the 2023 summer season to accommodate improvement projects (read full press release here). Until mid-October 2023, the capacity of the garage will be reduced by 50%. Travelers should allot extra time when parking at the airport.
- Levels 3 & 4 closed on March 20
- Vehicles remaining on Levels 3 & 4 after 11:59 p.m. on March 31 will be towed
- Following completion of levels 3 & 4, levels 1 & 2 will undergo the same renovations
- Garage renovations scheduled for completion by mid-October 2023
Alternative Parking Options:
- ANC Park, Ride & Fly
- ANC Long-Term Parking
- ANC Short-Term Parking
- ANC North Terminal Parking
- Alaska Park (offsite shuttle service)
- Diamond Airport Parking (offsite shuttle service)
Airport Transportation Options:
- Alaska Yellow Cab
- Anchorage People Mover (routes 40 & 65 serve ANC)
- Rideshare Services
Closure will be for structural restoration, asphalt replacement, and re-striping of the parking garage.
On March 20, 2023, levels 3 & 4 were closed to new parking. All vehicles must vacate levels 3 & 4 by March 31, 2023, at 11:59 pm. Beginning April 1, any remaining vehicles shall be towed. When work is completed for levels 3 & 4, levels 1 & 2 will undergo the same renovations resulting in the same 50% parking capacity throughout the summer.
Any vehicles that are towed will be relocated to another parking area at ANC. Motorists looking for their vehicle moved due to the construction, or any other parking issue, can call Republic Parking at 907-677-1074.