Summer 2023 renovations will temporarily reduce parking capacity
On March 20, 2023, the South Terminal Parking Garage partially closed for the duration of the 2023 summer season to accommodate improvement projects (read full press release here). Until mid-October 2023, the capacity of the garage will be reduced by 50%. Travelers should allot extra time when parking at the airport.
- Improvement projects will reduce parking garage capacity at Ted Stevens Anchorage International
Airport by 50% until mid-October 2023.
- Due to decreased parking capacity, follow TSA guidelines and arrive at the airport at least 2 hours
before your departure to allow time for parking and transit to the terminal.
- Airport parking is regularly at capacity, so travelers should allow extra time to park off-site if needed.
Alternative Parking Options:
- ANC Park, Ride & Fly
- ANC Long-Term Parking
- ANC North Terminal Parking
- Alaska Park (regular shuttle service)
- Diamond Airport Parking (offsite shuttle service)
- Anchorage Quick Airport Parking (on-demand shuttle service)
Airport Transportation Options:
- Your favorite taxi or other ground transportation service
- Anchorage People Mover
- Rideshare (Uber, Lyft)
Closure will be for structural restoration, asphalt replacement, and re-striping of the parking garage.
On March 20, 2023, levels 3 & 4 were closed to new parking. All vehicles must vacate levels 3 & 4 by March 31, 2023, at 11:59 pm. Beginning April 1, any remaining vehicles shall be towed. When work is completed for levels 3 & 4, levels 1 & 2 will undergo the same renovations resulting in the same 50% parking capacity throughout the summer.
Any vehicles that are towed will be relocated to another parking area at ANC. Motorists looking for their vehicle moved due to the construction, or any other parking issue, can call Republic Parking at 907-677-1074.