1. Coronavirus Update at ANC:
- The Airport remains open and operational. ANC uses airport-cleaning methods and materials with multilayer cleaning protocols in its facilities that reduce the potential for acquiring communicable diseases. For more on what ANC is doing to keep travelers and employees safe, please visit our website at ancairport.com.
- The State of Alaska has no special entry or travel testing requirements. Visit AlaskaSafeTravels.com for traveler information and advisories, as well as links to community-specific travel restrictions, and information about arriving via the Alaska Ferry or road.
- Vaccines are free and available to Alaskans and travelers age 12 or older at the Capstone Anchorage Airport Clinic located in the Concourse A/B ticketing area within the South Terminal. Visit ancairport.com/covidvax/ for more information.
2. Cell Phone Parking Lot: If you’re picking up passengers, there is a free cell phone lot available for drivers to wait until arriving passengers have deplaned, collected luggage and called to be picked up. The cell phone lot is located in a designated area of the DOT&PF Central Region Headquarters parking lot – just two-minutes away from both the South and North Terminals. Directions to the lot: From International Airport Road driving west to the airport, turn right at the Aviation Avenue exit and follow signs to the lot. Click HERE for a location map.
3. Commercial Curb Access: Access to the commercial curb is restricted to commercial vehicles. Access control gates are being installed to enforce this restriction. Access through the gates will be limited to commercial vehicles with a valid permit and other authorized users starting January 1st, 2022. The gate arms will be operational starting November 1st; however, will not restrict access until January 1st.
4. Lake Hood Seaplane Base:
- Frozen Lakes: Winter operations are in effect, and we are requesting everyone’s help to remind others to please stay off the ice. The frozen lakes remain restricted active runway surfaces all winter for ski operations. For further information please contact the Lake Hood Office at (907) 266-2410.
- Lake Hood User Group Meeting: A virtual Lake Hood User Group Meeting is scheduled for Monday, November 8th, 2021 at 2:00 p.m. via Microsoft Teams or you may call in telephonically. Participation information (phone-in/ log-in/ password) is available by contacting the Lake Hood Office at firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com or (907) 266-2410.
5. Airport Recruitment: The Airport is hiring! Click HERE to view recruitment videos. Information on these opportunities can be found on Workplace Alaska or through Local 71 at the following web addresses: local71.com/jobs and JoinANC.com. Active recruitments are listed below.
- Maintenance Specialist Journey I $23.60/Hr
- Heavy Equipment Mechanic $23.60-26.18/Hr Class A CDL required within 90 days of hire
- Maintenance Specialist, Electrician Journey II/Lead $26.73-29.64/Hr Class B CDL required 90 days of hire
- Maintenance Specialist (HVAC) Journey I $23.60/Hr (Requires Current Refrigerant Certification)
- Maintenance Specialist Electronic Technician $26.73/Hr
- Equipment Operator Journey II $23.60/H
- Accountant 3 $30.89/Hr
6. Sign up for GovDelivery: Follow the link below to receive emails on DOT related items such as Airport leasing public notices and visit us on Facebook and Twitter. service.govdelivery.com/accounts/AKDOT/subscriber/new