- ANC Infrastructure Construction:
- The end is near! The rehabilitation of the terminal loop road is in its home stretch! Taxis and shuttles are back at the commercial loop and only the ride-share app transportation is on the upper level, as usual. Paving is complete and all that is left is lane striping, which is scheduled to take place overnight from July 8 through July 11. Please plan to arrive at ANC 2.5 hours if you are catching a flight during that time. We appreciate your patience and thank you for driving slowly to keep the construction workers and travelers safe.
- Our neighbors may notice more noise than usual this summer from aircraft departing.
- An overview of ANC construction projects can be found online at https://dot.alaska.gov/anc/documents/2022-ANC-Projects.pdf
- Cell Phone Parking Lot:
We have a solution to help you avoid the frustrating circling! Utilize ANC’s lovely, FREE cell phone parking lot. The cellphone lot is conjoined with the DOT&PF Central Region Headquarters (the Upside-down building) parking lot – minutes away from ANC (did we mention it is FREE?). Parked or idling vehicles at the curb present safety issues and traffic congestion. Additionally, parking in the garage is free for the first 30 minutes. Only vehicles conducting active loading/unloading should be at the curb. Click HERE for directions.
- Well Survey:
ANC is working with the environmental consultant agency Shannon & Wilson, Inc., and the Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) to identify water supply wells near ANC. Shannon & Wilson is mailing out surveys to property owners or tenants with homes or businesses located within the well search area. The effort is underway to identify and document if Pre- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS) are present and mitigate the risk to human health. The survey packet can also be found online at https://dot.alaska.gov/airportwater/anchorage/.
- Animal Safety:
ANC would like to remind recreationists to keep your eyes and ears open to hopefully avoid encounters with wildlife. Wild animals are greatly protective of their young and will not hesitate to go on the offensive. Please give any animal a wide berth.
- Lake Hood Seaplane Base:
Lake Hood is the world’s largest sea plane base, which means we have a plethora of small aircraft activity. Whether you are driving in a car, riding a bicycle, or pounding the pavement by foot, remember that all aircraft always have the right-of-way on the roadways, which in many places also double as taxiways. NO PEOPLE OR PETS ARE ALLOWED on lake surfaces and all pets must be on a leash, this is for everyone’s safety.
- Airport Recruitment:
Are you looking for employment? There is a variety of jobs at the airport. Everything from police and fire to mechanics and heavy equipment operators. Job listings can be found at JoinANC.com or through Local 71 at local71.com/jobs. Current Job openings include:
- Airport Operations Officer (PCN 25-3840) | Job Details tab | Career Pages (governmentjobs.com)
- Airport Operations Specialist (PCN 35-3837) | Job Details tab | Career Pages (governmentjobs.com)
- Does your destination require masks, a COVID test, or proof of vaccination?
Travelers destined for locations that require proof of a negative test or a vaccination certificate must have their documentation with them prior to arriving at ANC. Boarding decisions are made by the individual airlines, not ANC. There is not a public testing site in the terminal. To find testing locations, visit https://anchoragecovidtest.org/.
- Vaccination Clinic Closure:
June 30 was the last day of the COVID vaccination clinic at ANC. If you are looking for information or a place to receive a vaccine in Alaska, please visit Alaska vaccination information.
- Sign up for GovDelivery:
For those that want to receive important public notices right in their email inbox are encouraged to sign up at service.govdelivery.com/accounts/AKDOT/subscriber/new. The official public notice website for the state of Alaska is located at Welcome – Alaska Online Public Notices (state.ak.us).
- Questions/Concerns/Comments: We want to hear from you! – Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport (ancairport.com) When you use the online portal, it helps us more efficiently field your message and get the right person to provide a response, if applicable.
- Contact for ANC Monthly Updates:
ANC does its best to provide information that will be useful and meaningful to our neighbors. Updates are prepared by Megan A. Peters, ANC Communications Coordinator. Ms. Peters can be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org.