- Alaska Safe Travels:
- The Airport is open and operational. ANC uses airport-cleaning methods and materials with multilayer cleaning protocols in its facilities that reduce the potential for acquiring communicable diseases. For more on what ANC is doing to keep travelers and employees safe, please visit our website at ancairport.com.
- The State of Alaska has no special entry or travel testing requirements. Visit AlaskaSafeTravels.com for traveler information and advisories, as well as links to community-specific travel restrictions, and information about arriving via the Alaska Ferry or road.
- Vaccines are free and available to Alaskans and travelers age 12 or older at the Capstone Anchorage Airport Clinic located in the Concourse A/B ticketing area within the South Terminal. Visit ancairport.com/covidvax/ for more information.
- COVID-19 Testing discontinued:
Effective Jan. 31, the Department of Health and Social Services no longer provides the free COVID-19 testing at ANC. Travelers destined for locations, such as Hawaii, that require proof of a negative test must have their results with them prior to arriving at ANC. Boarding decisions are made by the individual airlines, not ANC. To find testing locations, visit https://anchoragecovidtest.org/.
- Airport Community Outreach Plan Update:
The Airport is seeking public comments and modification recommendations for the Airport Community Outreach Plan, and request comments be submitted no later than March 18th, 2022. The Communications Plan establishes guidelines for effective two-way communication between the Airport and the community. The plan can be found at https://cdn.ancairport.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/ANC-Airport-Community-Outreach-Plan-June2020.pdf. Comments can be sent to email@example.com.
- Cellphone Parking Lot:
Parked or idling vehicles are not allowed at the curbs or on the side of the roadway leading up to the terminal; only vehicles conducting active loading/unloading are permitted in the designated areas. There is a FREE cellphone lot available for drivers to wait until arriving passengers have deplaned, collected luggage, and are ready for pick up. The cellphone lot is conjoined with the DOT&PF Central Region Headquarters (the Upside-down building) parking lot – minutes away from ANC. Click HERE for directions.
- Lake Hood Seaplane Base:
Winter operations are underway. Pilots should always check the FAA NOTAMs prior to utilizing the aerodrome to verify up-to-date weather and ice conditions. Only aircraft and ANC official vehicles are allowed on Lake Hood and Lake Spenard. NO PEOPLE OR PETS ARE ALLOWED on lake surfaces, this is for everyone’s safety.
- People Mover Bus:
Due to low ridership, the People Mover bus only provides service to the South Terminal at the commercial curb.
- Airport Recruitment:
The Airport is hiring! Click HERE to view recruitment videos. Information on employment opportunities can be found on Workplace Alaska or through Local 71 at the following web addresses:local71.com/jobs and JoinANC.com.
- Sign up for GovDelivery:
For those that want to receive important public notices right in their email inbox are encouraged to sign up at service.govdelivery.com/accounts/AKDOT/subscriber/new
- Contact for ANC Monthly Updates:
For answers to questions regarding ANC happenings, please contact Megan Peters, Communications Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. ANC does its best to provide information that will be useful and meaningful to our neighbors.