Aloha! Traveling to Hawaii? You can avoid quarantine in Hawaii if you get a COVID test before going. Here’s what you need to know.
Visitors to Hawaii must stay in quarantine for 14 days unless they arrive with proof of negative results from a valid COVID-19 test conducted within the previous 72 hours.
Testing is located near baggage claim 3 and passed the Security Checkpoint at Gate B1 and meets State of Hawaii travel requirements.
It is advised that you make a separate trip to the airport for testing prior to arriving for travel. Test results are often available in less than 48 hours, but Hawaii travelers should test as soon as they are within 72 hours of departure to allow for results before arrival.
To test at an airport before travel, you will need to:
1. Create an Alaska Travel Portal account (www.alaska.covidsecureapp.com)
2. Input your insurance details to your account
3. Bring proof of an airline reservation
No reservation or appointment is required. For questions or more information, please contact Capstone Clinic directly at email@example.com or 907-864-4642 (select Option 1).
Other options for Alaskans to bypass Hawaii’s mandatory 14-day quarantine requirement include:
1. Test at another eligible Capstone location in Anchorage, Wasilla, Fairbanks, or Kenai: https://covidsecureapp.com/hawaii.html
2. Test at a Walgreens locations in Anchorage, Fairbanks, or Soldotna: https://www.walgreens.com/findcare/covid19/testing (Note that tests at Soldotna Walgreens take longer than 72 hours to return results.)
3. Purchase an over-the-counter test at a Costco Pharmacy, or order online: https://www.azovahealth.com/costcotravel/
4. Conduct a mail-order Vault Health self-test: https://learn.vaulthealth.com/state-of-hawaii
5. Test with a trusted provider outside Alaska before continuing to Hawaii: https://hawaiicovid19.com/travel-partners
For complete details, please visit: https://hawaiicovid19.com/travel